Матеріалознавці КПІ ім. Ігоря Сікорського на Європейській конференції
18-21 вересня 2017 року у Варшаві, на базі Варшавської політехніки відбулася традиційна щорічна конференція Європейського матеріалознавчого товариства E-MRS 2017 Fall Meeting.
Конференція працювала в формі пленарної сесії та 23-х тематичних симпозіумів:
А Materials for energy storage, production & harvesting applications;
B Scanning probe microscopy for energy applications;
C Multifunctionality of metal hydrides for energy storage – developments and perspectives.
D Advanced composite materials: new production technologies, unique properties, new applications;
E Basic research on ionic-covalent materials for nuclear applications;
F Spintronics in semiconductors, 2D materials and topological insulators;
G Perovskite solar cells;
H Energy & functional materials: high pressure, high temperature synthesis & characterization;
I Solutions for critical raw materials under extreme conditions;
J Manipulation of functional properties of the layered materials and their characterization;
K Topological materials and disorder: vital or fatal?
MATERIALS AND DEVICES:
L Integration, metrology and technology CAD co-development for sub-10nm technology nodes;
M Material and device integration on silicon for advanced applications;
N Advanced oxide materials – growth, characterization and applications;
O Diamond for electronic devices II;
P Group III-Nitrides: fundamental research, optoelectronic devices and sensors;
Q Synchrotron radiation and atomic layer deposition for advanced materials;
R NIR optoelectronics – organic semiconductors and devices.
BIO- AND NANO MATERIALS:
S Materials- nanoelectronics & -nanophotonics;
T Silicon, Germanium, Diamond and Carbon nanostructures and their nanocomposites with other materials;
U Engineering surfaces to control and elucidate cellular response;
V Nanocarbon electrochemistry and interfaces II;
W Stress, structure, and stoichiometry effects on the properties of nanomaterials IV.
Від КПІ ім. Ігоря Сікорського були представлені такі доповіді:
- R.А. Shkarban, S.I. Sidorenko, Yu.N. Makogon "Influence of Annealing Atmosphere on Formation of Nanoscale Films Co-Sb-Functional Elements Thermoelectric" (AP1.23), Simposium A "Materials for energy storage, production & harvesting applications";
- A.E. Hafarov, I.A. Vladymyrskyi, S.I. Sidorenko "Grain Boundary Diffusion Ordering in Pt/Fe and Pt/Au/Fe Nanolayers" (JP.6), Simposium J "Manipulation of functional properties of the layered materials and their characterization";
- Weiping Gong, Zhaohui Guo, Weidong Xie, Min Liu, S. Sidorenko, S. Zamulko, M. Fedorov, S. Voloshko, G. Kholmska "Prediction of Suitable Material for Ag/Me/Graphene Interface as Front Contact for Solar Cells" (JP.12), Simposium J "Manipulation of functional properties of the layered materials and their characterization";
- S.I. Sidorenko, Ie.V. Ivashchenko, G.G.Lobachоva, V.I. Panarin, M.Ie. Svavilny, O.M. Hubina, V.V. Yanchuk "Biocompatible Coatings Made from Hydroxyapatite, Reinforced Using Carbon Nanotubes" (TP.17), Simposium T "Silicon, Germanium, Diamond and Carbon nanostructures and their nanocomposites with other materials";
- A. Titenko, L. Demchenko, S. Sidorenko "Cu-Al-Mn Phase Transformations Controlled by Nanoparticles" (WP.1), Simposium W :Stress, structure, and stoichiometry effects on the properties of nanomaterials IV";
- A.K. Orlov, I.O. Kruhlov, I.A. Vladymyrskyi, I.E. Kotenko, S.M. Voloshko, S.I. Sidorenko, K. Kato, T. Ishikawa "Tetragonal phase in V and V/Ag Nanoscale Thin Films" (WP.2), Simposium W :Stress, structure, and stoichiometry effects on the properties of nanomaterials IV";
- Weiping Gong, Zhaohui Guo, S. Sidorenko, S. Konorev, S.Voloshko "Surface Relaxation and Stress on Ti/Graphene Systems" (WP.6), Simposium W :Stress, structure, and stoichiometry effects on the properties of nanomaterials IV";
- M.Yu.Verbytska, A. Yu. Chernysh, P.V. Makushko, S.I. Sidorenko, T.I. Verbytska, Yu.M. Makogon "Influence of Anealing Ambient on L10 Phase Formation in Pt/Fe Multilayers" (WP.7), Simposium W :Stress, structure, and stoichiometry effects on the properties of nanomaterials IV".
ῙῙ. ДОПОВІДІ на пленарній сесії
За традицією на пленарну сесію відноситься доповідь лауреата премії ім. Чохральського в поточному році.
2.1. В 2017 році лауреатом стала:
CENIMAT/I3N and CEMOP-UNINOVA
Departamento de Ciência dos Materiais
Faculdade de Ciências e Tecnologia
Universidade Nova de Lisboa
Campus de Caparica
Lecture 1 на пленарному засіданні: "Sustainable materials it is not a need, but our commitment!"
In this talk we will discuss the state of the art and potential future directions in paper-based electronics with special emphasis to the work developed at CENIMAT|i3N, covering electronic devices, smart displays, printed electronics, sensors and diagnostic tests.
We have been observing a rapid and growing interest concerning the utilization of biological materials for a wide range of applications. One of the most representative example is cellulose, not only in the form of raw material mainly for pulp and paper production, but also in the development of advanced materials/products with tailor-made properties, especially the ones based on nanostructures.
5 years ago paper electronics was pure science fiction, but today we have already several paper-based electronics like integrated circuits, supercapacitors, batteries, fuel cells, solar cells, transistors, microwave electronics, digital logic/computation, displays, force-sensing MEMS, user interfaces, transparent substrates, substrates with high strength, wearable devices, and new rapid diagnostic test sensors. These devices with their associated physics and processing will play an important and relevant to our society ongoing efforts to in environmental sustainability, safety, communication, health, and performance.
2.2. Крім лекції Elvira Fortunato на пленарну сесію 2017 року було винесено ще такі лекції відомих в світі вчених:
2.2.1. Osvaldo N. Oliveira Jr.
São Carlos Institute of Physics, University of São Paulo, Brazil
Lecture2 на пленарному засіданні: "Shaping the future of materials research with machine learning and Big Data"
Recent developments in machine learning have brought the expectation that artificial intelligence systems will be ubiquitous in the near future, with large impact on science and technology. The ways researchers develop and optimize materials for varied applications are already affected by the availability of large databases of materials properties and Big Data methodologies . In this lecture, examples will be given of computational methods to handle large amounts of data in sensing and biosensing, which include machine learning techniques to relate impedance spectroscopy data from an electronic tongue to the human perception of taste. For clinical diagnostics, it will be made clear that a convergence of nanotechnology and Big Data resources is required for creating computer-aided diagnosis systems . On one hand, optimized sensors and biosensors need to be produced with nanomaterials and nanotech-related techniques , while on the other hand robust computational methods are crucial for distinguishing among very similar responses, as in detection of cancer biomarkers . Most significantly, the shift in paradigms for performing research demands urgent changes in the training of materials researchers.
 Oliveira Jr., O.N.; Rodrigues Jr., J.F.; De Oliveira, M.C.F.; Editorial of Elsevier Special Issue “Shaping the Future of Materials Science with Machine Learning”, 2016.
 Rodrigues Jr., J.F.; Paulovich, F.V.; De Oliveira, M.C.F.; Oliveira Jr., O.N.; Nanomedicine, 11, 959–982 (2016).
 Oliveira Jr., O.N.; Iost, R.M.; Siqueira Jr., J.R.; Crespilho, F.N.; Caseli, L.; ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 6, 14745−14766 (2014).
 Soares, A.C.; Soares, J.C.; Shimizu, F.M.; Melendez, M.E.; Carvalho, A.L.; Oliveira Jr., O.N.; ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces 7, 25930−25937 (2015).
2.2.2. Ennio Capria
European Synchrotron Radiation Facility
Lecture3 на пленарному засіданні: "NFFA-Europe: enhancing European competitiveness in nanoscience research and innovation"
NFFA-Europe is a European open-access resource for experimental & theoretical nanoscience that carries out comprehensive projects for multidisciplinary research at the nanoscale ranging from synthesis to nanocharacterization, to theory and numerical simulation. Advanced infrastructures specialized on growth, nano-lithography, nano-characterization, theory and simulation and fine-analysis with Synchrotron, FEL and Neutron radiation sources are integrated into a multi-site combination to develop frontier research on methods for reproducible nanoscience research thus enabling European and international researchers from diverse disciplines to carry out advanced proposals impacting on science and innovation. NFFA-Europe coordinates access to infrastructures on different aspects of nanoscience research that are not currently available at single specialized sites without duplicating specific scopes. Internationally peer-reviewed approved user projects have access to the best suited instruments, competences and technical support for performing research, including access to analytical large scale facilities, theory and simulation and high-performance computing facilities. Access is offered free of charge to European users. Two researchers per user group are entitled to receive partial financial contribution towards the travel and subsistence costs incurred. The user access scheme includes at least two “installations” and is coordinated via a single entry point portal that activates an advanced user-infrastructure dialogue to build up a personalized access programme with an increasing return on science and innovation production. NFFA-Europe’s own research activity addresses key bottlenecks of nanoscience research: i.e. nanostructure traceability, protocol reproducibility, in-operando nano-manipulation and analysis, open data.
Від Кафедри фізики металів були представлені наступні доповіді: